Colleen Quigley | Announcer
College: Florida State
Mile PR: 4:22.86
5 Things About Me: Colleen Quigley
- I was homeschooled up until high school and then went to a catholic all-girls high school in St. Louis, MO before going to Florida State University. Talk about a culture shock!
- I have the best doggo in the world, Pie, a 3-year-old Bernese mountain dog. She even has her own IG, @myfavoritepie.
- I got engaged last year to my high school boyfriend. We’ve been together for almost 13 years and did long distance for 9.
- When I made the Olympic team in 2016 I started taking my “brand” and business more seriously and that has grown into a passion over the years. I am now my own agent and work with the best sponsors: lululemon, Hyperice, Whoop, Vital Proteins, Beam, and TIY products.
- I had planned on racing Sir Walter for the first time this year but got injured at USAs so won’t be able to race but I’m very excited to be in Raleigh to cheer everyone on and help promote a great event for our sport!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix queue? Our Great National Parks (narrated by Obama)
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Anything where I have someone to cheer for.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Mush (a female-founded overnight oats company)
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Sorta- I went to FSU which is in the ACC so I’ve raced there before! Plus I’m a big Ryan Hill fan.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… new brands (lululemon) investing in track and field!