Molly Sughroue | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Oklahoma State
Mile PR: 4:31.54
5 Things About Me: Molly Sughroue
- I impulsively got a puppy in college (best decision ever). He is a Mini Australian Shepherd named after David Bowie who is now 5 years old.
- I currently work a full-time job on the content marketing team for TrainHeroic – a training app that matches you with coaches and tracks your workouts.
- I eat Oreos by the sleeve, not the serving size.
- For one of my broadcast journalism classes in college, I was nominated for an award for covering a news story about allowing emotional support chickens within city limits.
- I’ve dropped my 1500 by 5 seconds, mile by 6 seconds, and 800 by 5 seconds since graduating college and being coached by Juli Benson.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix queue? Death Note or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? I love basketball – it’s the second best sport!
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Pro Bar Bolt Energy Chews are great when I need a quick boost.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? This is my first time in Raleigh!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… I’ve noticed what is considered “fast” for the women’s mile/1500 keeps getting faster, from US Champs Qualifying times to what makes it to NCAAs. I personally think it’s more than super shoes – I think it’s because more girls/women are staying in sport, and because women are continuing to push the limits and what people think they are capable of.