Craig Nowak | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
College: Oklahoma State
Mile PR: 3:57.97
5 Things About Me: Craig Nowak
- I grew up in Houston, TX, but have lived in South Carolina, Oklahoma, and now Oregon.
- I love roadtripping – last year I hit a handful of pace jobs on the west coast and drove/car camped along the way.
- I’m a big fan of plants- I got a lot of fun ones at home that a friend usually waters while I’m gone. Always enjoy seeing what people got growing in their yards across different cities as well.
- A few weeks ago, I ordered some fried chicken feet and it was kinda strange to eat/gnaw on, but honestly tasted pretty good.
- I really enjoy beverages. Water, juice, kombucha, coffee, beer, wine, spirits. All of these have so many factors and craftsmanship that go into them- you name it I’ll try it.
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals?No superstitions. Definitely like getting caffeinated before a race though.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? Love watching surfing. So much good footage out there and so easy on the eyes.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? I don’t watch many shows or movies, but my girlfriend has been watching Love Island lately and I find myself stuck watching it if I take a peak for too long.
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? Been listening to a lot of Allah-Las lately. Psychedelic indie rock just hits me in the summer. That and a good dose of reggae to start the day has been happening.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? When I lived in South Carolina, I would frequent Asheville quite a bit. Always loved the runs, trails, and food/drink North Carolina has to offer.