Katie Wasserman | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: HOKA NAZ Elite
College: Columbia / Notre Dame
Mile PR: 4:34.32
5 Things About Me: Katie Wasserman
- I went to Columbia University where I studied Neuroscience, and I got my master’s degree from Notre Dame where I studied Global Health. I love anything science related!
- I grew up in the tiny town of Spotswood, New Jersey (the whole town is only 2.5 square miles!) I love spending time there, and at the Jersey Shore of course!
- I played soccer from age 8 all the way through high school, and I only did track as a way to stay in shape for soccer!
- I can play the flute!
- My family and I love Wordle, and compete to see who can solve it in the least amount of guesses every day!
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? I am simply not organized enough to have any pre-race rituals! But Krissy gave me some orange butterfly clips, and now I always wear those to race in!
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I am really loving watching the Women’s World Cup at the moment- It’s bringing me back to my soccer roots!
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? My favorite show is Friends, but lately I have been really into watching Survivor! I also love trivia and watch Jeopardy all the time as well!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? I’ll probably be listening to either Taylor Swift, or the Ezra Klein Podcast on my runs!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I raced Raleigh Relays while I was at Notre Dame! It was the first time I ran a 5k on the track.