Dan Schaffer | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Zap Endurance
College: Binghamton University
Mile PR: 3:57.47
5 Things About Me: Dan Schaffer
- I grew up in Endicott, NY and went to college at Binghamton University.
- I spent 6 years studying at BU and graduated with a MS in Electrical Engineering and a MBA.
- I’ve run over 20,000 miles in the state of New York. I keep a spreadsheet that counts where all my miles have been logged.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a storm chaser when I grew up. I still like to follow severe weather.
- I like to hike and explore high points in the mountains, especially the Appalachians which are my home.
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? Not really, however I always like to have Italian the night before my race. Spaghetti and meatballs is my go-to.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I like to watch the NFL, my favorite team is the New York Football Giants.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? Air. Great story about the origins of Air Jordan!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? Naked, The Goo Goo Dolls. I also love Classic Rock.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? ZAP Endurance is based in Blowing Rock, NC, so I live in North Carolina now. I also have some family who live here in Raleigh