Alexina Teubel | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Northern Iowa
Mile PR: 4:27.67
5 Things About Me: Alexina Teubel
- I coach track and cross country at the University of Northern Iowa. Go Panthers.
- In college I was a 1500/800 runner but transitioned to the steeple after graduating. I am happy to have found my way back to the 1500/mile this season 😁
- I was never an All-American or even a final round NCAA qualifier in college but I’ve qualified for every US national championships since.
- When I’m not running or coaching I enjoy playing disc golf with my husband Will.
- I have always wanted to race at Sir Walter, ecstatic to finally have the opportunity!
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? Not really! Coffee 2 hours before but that seems pretty
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? Disc golf pro circuit
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? “I think you should leave.”
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? “Fast Car” by Luke Combs is my current song on repeat
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? No connection to NC but excited to explore!