Laurie Barton | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: Brooks Beasts TC
Mile PR: 4:35.88
5 Things About Me: Laurie Barton
- I had fun pacing Sir Walter last year and had no intention of returning to run the entire race—but here we are!
- I grew up on the East coast and didn’t meet some of my extended family until moving out to Seattle, where I discovered that a lot of them live throughout Washington State!
- My go-to snack currently is smoked salmon with unexpected cheddar cheese and everything but the bagel seasoning on rice thins #traderjoes ;)
- In elementary school and middle school I did gymnastics but stopped after fracturing my spine.
- At Clemson I studied health science and am currently doing personal training on the side for fun.
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? I always have my prerace pancake and a green tea energy shot a couple hours before racing!
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I enjoy watching soccer sometimes, but honestly don’t follow any sports.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? I’ve been going through Tom Hank movies recently and really enjoyed the Terminal!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? A funny podcast I’ve been listening to is Heavyweight.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have some cousins who live in NC and have run Fire Tower multiple times–don’t know if I’d recommend aha.