Jenn Randall | Women’s Elite Mile
Mile PR: 4:30.53
5 Things About Me: Jenn Randall
- I am a doctor of physical therapy who works predominately with rehabbing runners.
- I’m from upstate NY but have lived in Eugene, Oregon for the past 7 years. I moved to Eugene after college, not knowing anyone there, and loved Oregon so much I stayed.
- I coach youth cross country and track and field. I’ve even competed in a track race against one of my former athletes.
- I have two adorable, large dogs, Cedar and Kai, one of which (Kai) has won multiple dog mile and dog 5k races.
- I am newer to the elite racing scene. I ran division 3 at Ithaca College and didn’t emerge into the elite scene until 2020-2021, thanks to fitness and focus I gained during Covid quarantine.
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? I usually take a day off of running two days before a race. I also eat dark chocolate the night before a race.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I was a soccer player before I was a runner. I even took a break from cross country running in college to join the soccer team. I don’t really follow professional soccer that closely, but do enjoy watching soccer, especially the American Women’s National Team.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? I’m not a big TV person, but do enjoy reading. A recent book I’ve read that I would recommend is “Up To Speed” by Christine Yu.
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? Here to Forever by Death Cab for Cutie
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My older sister lived in Raleigh briefly.