Katie Camarena | Women’s Elite Mile
College: UC Santa Barbara/ Portland State
Mile PR: 4:33.19
5 Things About Me: Katie Camarena
- I’m from San Juan Capistrano, California
- I went to UC Santa Barbara for undergrad and Portland State for grad school!
- I think hot dogs are underrated!
- I am still trying to beat my brother’s mile PR – 4:27!
- I’m the Raleigh RunDown defending champ!!
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals?I have to drink a Yerba Mate on race day! Revel Berry is my favorite flavor.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I don’t really have a favorite athlete…but I’d watch any sport if it’s on! :)
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? Catfish!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? “Good Time” by Alan Jackson
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My connection to Raleigh is my iconic host family from last year’s Sir Walter Weekend – Michelle, George, Torch & Mango Habanero! We have stayed in touch all year & thought of each other anytime we ate hot dogs!