Taylor Werner | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Puma Elite
Mile PR: 4:32.93
5 Things About Me: Taylor Werner
- I am from Bloomsdale, MO! It’s a very small town (less than 600 people) south of St. Louis. I feel like the town is one big family!
- I am an Arkansas Razorback alumni! While I was at school, I got to be a part of the 2019 Calendar Triple Crown team. Truly an unreal experience.
- I signed with Puma in December of 2020, and I moved to the Triangle area around the same time! Now we have a full team of runners that have made the move as well. I hope to be here for a long time! I absolutely love it here.
- I love all things baking and cake decorating! It is one of my favorite past times. I’m often making birthday cakes for my friends. I love cooking as well!
- I studied Kinesiology and also obtained a masters in Sports Recreation and Management at Arkansas. I hope to one day use my experience as an athlete to help others!
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? In high school I always had to eat banana chocolate chip pancakes the morning of a race. Since going to college, I stopped having any superstitions or rituals. I just like to stay as calm and relaxed as possible without any potential stressors!
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I’ve really gotten into watching the Tour de France the past 4-5 years. I watched the new Netflix documentary about it, and it made this years Tour so much fun to watch. I love watching the Razorback basketball team pull upsets in March Madness as well.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? I watched Oppenheimer on its debut release… I loved it! It definitely brought out my inner science nerd when they discussed chemistry/physics in the beginning of the film.
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? My teammate Amon Kemboi got me addicted to the song “Rush” by Ayra Starr.. love that song! For some reason I’ve also had a resurgence in my life for “I Wanna Get Better” by Bleachers. It’s also a safe bet that 95% of my music is country… can’t get away from my roots too much.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? It’s my new home!! I love being in the Triangle. We don’t venture up to Raleigh much, but we’re pretty close to it. There’s so much to do and see!