Meet the 2016 Competitors: Cory McGee
Cory McGee | Women’s Elite Mile
Cory McGee burst on the national scene in 2013 in qualifying for the US World Championship team in the 1500 meters. She was recently followed by FloTrack on a workout before running a 4:07.34 1500 meters in Belgium, and a 4:28.55 personal best mile at the Morton Games in Dublin, Ireland. McGee is sponsored by New Balance in Boston, Massachusetts.
Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
College: The University of Florida
Coach: Mark Coogan
Sponsors: New Balance and Xendurance
Mile PR: 4:28.55
5 Things About Me: Cory McGee
- My first ever track race was in Cairo, Egypt, where I faced girls from all over the Mediterranean region.
- I have three sisters who ran track as well, and we combine for over 50 Mississippi state titles.
- I love cooking southern food for friends, especially since moving to Boston. Specialities include shrimp and grits, and gumbo.
- If given a choice, I would pick 100 degrees and humid over a snow day. No question.
- I bleed orange and blue. Go Gators.
North Carolina Connection?
My closest connection to North Carolina is my family friends in Highlands. I have spent time in that beautiful town during my offseason. I have visited the state many times!
Learn more about Cory at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros
4 thoughts on “Meet the 2016 Competitors: Cory McGee”
Pingback: Press Release: Brannigan, Cliff, Derrick, and McGee added to 2016 Sir Walter Miler fields - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: 2016 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Johnson, Merber, and Brannigan have record-breaking nights at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler