Lianne Farber | Women’s Elite Mile
Lianne Farber will be completing her first year as a professional athlete with NorCal Distance this summer, and will be returning back to the east coast for her first Sir Walter Miler experience. In college, she competed just down I-40, where she was an All American at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
5 Things About Me: Lianne Farber
- I am one of 5 kids in my family, and most of them are professional musicians or in the music industry. I did not get that gene.
- I was a walk-on at UNC, and cried a lot my freshman year because I thought I was going to get cut from the track team.
- I am Jewish and took my birthright trip to Israel last summer where I got to hike all around the country and float in the Dead Sea.
- I love art and have studied sculpture, ceramics, graphic design, sewing, and woodworking; but I majored in journalism.
- I was a breech baby, meaning I was born feet first, ready to run!
North Carolina connection?
I graduated from UNC and fell in love with Chapel Hill. There is really no other place like it and I miss it every day, I am SO excited to be back!