Meet the 2016 Competitors: Ford Palmer
Ford Palmer | Men’s Elite Mile
Ford Palmer returns to Raleigh after winning the inaugural Sir Walter Miler in 2014. After taking a spill at the 2016 Olympic Trials, Palmer rebounded to run a 3:57.97 mile at the Morton Games in Dublin, Ireland. (You can also read his 2014 profile and 2015 profile.)
Social media: Twitter | Instagram | Sweat Mobile
College: Monmouth University
Coach: Frank Gagliano
Club: New Jersey New York Track Club
Sponsor: Hoka One One
Mile PR: 3:56.79
5 Things About Me: Ford Palmer
- My full name is Franklin Ford Palmer V. I’m the 5th Ford! We were all first born sons. I’m leaning towards continuing the lineage.
- My teammates Kyle Merber, Johnny Gregorek, and Colby Alexander are in this year’s race. Kyle, Johnny and I lived together while Colby lived up the road. Colby was over our house 90% of the time playing video games so he practically lived with us also.
- This is my third year racing Sir Walter. I always wind up in Raleigh Times post race (after Raleigh Brewing closes).
- My track career can be summed up in one sentence: “Football player turned vegan sub 4 miler.”
- I wear Hoka Clifton 1’s in my sleep, Hoka Clifton 2’s when I run, Hoka Clifton 3’s when I shop for groceries, Hoka Tracers when I workout, Hoka Claytons when I walk my dog, Hoka Challenger ATRs when I walk my dog with an incline, Hoka Challenger ATR 2’s when I hike, and Hoka Vanquish 2’s for everything in between.
North Carolina connection?
My first time breaking four in the mile came from this meet two years ago. I will never forget that night, Raleigh will always have a special place in my heart!
Learn more about Ford at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2016 Competitors: Ford Palmer”
Pingback: Press Release: Brannigan, Cliff, Derrick, and McGee added to 2016 Sir Walter Miler fields - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Initial fields announced for 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: 2016 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Johnson, Merber, and Brannigan have record-breaking nights at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler