Meet the 2016 Competitors: Rachel Schneider
Rachel Schneider | Women’s Elite Mile
Rachel Schneider has had a solid career after her All American campaign at Georgetown. Most recently she took a tumble in the preliminary round of the 1500 meters at the Olympic Trials, but got up and qualified for the semifinal without protest. She also just got back from Europe, so we’re happy to host her in Raleigh!
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram
College: Georgetown University
Coach: Mike Smith
Sponsor: Under Armour
Mile PR: 4:28.50
5 Things About Me: Rachel Schneider
- I was born and grew up in Maine but went to Junior High and High School in New Hampshire.
- I graduated from Georgetown University in 2013, liked Georgetown so much decided to run a 5th year, still didn’t want to leave after 2014, so finished my Masters degree in 2015, and am still there training there with the coach and team (while occasionally going to beautiful Flagstaff for altitude training)!
- I’m the youngest of 4 in my family, and grew up always wanting to be just like my older siblings (they’re way cooler than me!), hence the reason I started running.
- If I wasn’t running full-time, I’d probably be a Physical Therapist on weekdays, and a surfer and skydive instructor on weekends.
- I really want to be at least bilingual, and play one musical instrument half-well, so I’m currently trying to teach myself Spanish and the ukulele. Let’s just say I’ve gotten so far as downloading a language app and buying a ukulele. I’ll update you on progress here next year!
North Carolina connection?
My first experience with North Carolina was actually just a few months ago for the Camel City Elite meet in February. It was such an incredible event with so many amazing people – definitely made me want to come back for more races!! Also want to come back to do some hiking and surfing someday!
Learn more about Rachel at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros
4 thoughts on “Meet the 2016 Competitors: Rachel Schneider”
Pingback: Press Release: Initial fields announced for 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Brannigan, Cliff, Derrick, and McGee added to 2016 Sir Walter Miler fields - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: 2016 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Johnson, Merber, and Brannigan have record-breaking nights at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler