Megan Moye | Women’s Elite Mile
College: NC State
Sponsor / Club: HOKA NJNYTC
1500m PR: 4:08.22
Mile PR: 4:36.76
5 Things About Me: Megan Moye
- I’m getting married this September 2nd to the most amazing man.
- I’m a follower and strong believer of Jesus Christ.
- I love Christmas time. It’s my favorite holiday. I’m that person that starts listening to Christmas music in October.
- I love making coffee or going out to coffee shops. I get excited before I go to bed because I can’t wait to have coffee in the morning.
- I saw Hunger Games 7 times in the theaters when it came out. A few of those times were at a $2 dollar theater (The cheap prices fueled my addiction)
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Jennifer Lawrence, but with her Katniss Everdeen personality. I was obsessed with the Hunger Games for a while at the beginning of college.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? An Ice Skater: I never really ice skated that often (nor was I good at it) but I remember watching the winter Olympics with my mom when I was little and seeing the ice skaters. I thought they were so pretty in their sparkly outfits. They also got stuffed animals when they would finish and I wanted one. As I got older and more realistic, I wanted to be a veterinarian. However, once I realized it required 2 semesters of organic chemistry, as well as extra school, I decided to just own a lot of dogs instead.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Watermelon or Promise Land chocolate milk (best chocolate milk hands down)
- What was your AIM screenname? pinkpiggies242 (I loved pigs growing up)
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? My fiancé free styling to a beat.
Listen to Megan’s recent interview on the Summer of Miles podcast: