Amanda Eccleston | Women’s Elite Mile
Amanda Eccleston has quite a story. She worked her way up to where she is now in true blue collar fashion. After competing at the top level of Division II, she then had success at the University of Michigan, and now as a professional. She recently competed at the 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships and has a personal best of 4:30.40 in the mile.
Coach: Mike McGuire
Sponsor: Brooks & Run Gum
5 Things About Me: Amanda Eccleston
- I ran Division II for four years at Hillsdale College and won three National Championships my senior year in the 800, 1500, and the mile. I also got the chance to run a fifth year at the University of Michigan, which is where I still currently train.
- I work as an independent scientific editing contractor for an English language editing service. I usually spend my afternoons working on the couch in my PJs with a cup of coffee :)
- I’m a late bloomer in running. I didn’t break 5 minutes in the mile until I was 20, but 2 years later I anchored the NCAA DI National Championship DMR team in 4:32.
- I love all things chocolate and dessert. Cookies, cheesecake, ice cream… in fact I’m eating ice cream as I type this.
- I quit soccer for a few years when I was 6 because there was too much running involved. Good thing my perspective has changed a bit since then.