Meet the 2015 Competitors: Jake Hurysz
Jake Hurysz | Men’s Elite Mile | Team North Carolina
Jake joins us after graduating from Colorado University this spring. He is has broken the four minute mile barrier multiple times and holds a personal best of 3:58.67. He’s also run 13:38:58 for 5000 meters. He’ll don the North Carolina flag shorts under the Friday Night Lights and represent Team North Carolina.
Coach: Brad Hudson
Club: To be announced soon (we’ll update here)
5 Things About Me: Jake Hurysz
- I grew up in Mebane, NC and attended Eastern Alamance High School. I was a member of the state record-holding 4×800 meters and won some individual titles in the process. I’m the North Carolina record holder for 3200 meters (8:49.76).
- Graduated from the University of Colorado in Boulder. Left UNC after a year and a half and chose CU. Was a member of the 2014 NCAA Cross Country National Championship team.
- I am a massive basketball fan and love UNC hoops. Favorite players include Allen Iverson, Vince Carter and Lebron James.
- My greatest running career achievement to date was setting the CU indoor mile school record with a 3:58.13 time at the Husky Classic in Seattle, Washington.
- I didn’t start running cross country until my junior year of high school. I chose to play soccer and basketball instead, until my dad pushed me towards running.
Learn more about Jake at: Eat with the Pros | VIP Experience | Run with the Pros