Victoria Voronko | Women’s Elite Mile
Victoria joins us from Greenville, South Carolina and Robert Gary’s Furman Elite group (via Russia!). In college she was a standout at Eastern Michigan University. She holds a personal best in the mile of 4:37.
Coach: Robert Gary
Club: Furman Elite
5 Things About Me: Victoria Voronko
- I was born in Russia and raised in Stavropol, Russia. At age of 20, I came to attend Eastern Michigan University.
- I am getting married in September to another runner, American ultra runner Matthew Hammersmith, who I met at Easter Michigan University during my freshman year.
- I enjoy helping another runners to get better and my future husband and I are coaches at Without Limits in Greenville, South Carolina.
- I love to be around my family, even though they are in Russia. My parents and my older brother Valera support and believe in me no matter what. It gives me motivation to get faster and stronger.
- I love running, but I also love to do different activities, such as walking, yoga, swimming, and different fitness classes.