Melissa Salerno | Women’s Elite Mile
Melissa Salerno will join her Furman Elite teammates this year at the starting line on Friday, August 7th. She has a personal best in the mile of 4:34.37, so she’ll be pushing for the win, and a new personal best. Those have seemed to come in bunches (see below).
Coach: Robert Gary
Club: Furman Elite
5 Things About Me: Melissa Salerno
- I used to work full time doing cancer research.
- My 1500m/mile PR has improved by 40 seconds since 2009.
- I went to school at Fordham University, where I got a Bachelors in Psychology, and a Masters in Mental Health.
- My nickname is Kiko (like the giraffe at the Greenville, SC zoo).
- Favorite workout is anything with 1k repeats.