Meet the 2015 Competitors: Robby Andrews
Robby Andrews | Men’s Elite Mile | Team USA
Robby Andrews is having a great year. From winning the 1000 meter title indoors, to Gold in the 4×800 meters at the IAAF World Relays, to a runner up finish in the 1500 meters at the USA Championships; things are trending up. After Sir Walter, he’ll line up for Team USA in Beijing at the IAAF World Track and Field Championships.
Coach: Jason Vigilante, Head Distance Coach at Princeton University
5 Things About Me: Robby Andrews
- I ran 4:03.49 for the mile in high school and have dropped that time to 3:57.15 this year at the Adrian Martinez Classic, but am looking to improve!
- I grew up in Manalapan NJ (central NJ), if given the opportunity I will gladly explain why NJ is the best state in the country.
- My favorite animals are cats, I currently have 3 and they are all perfect.
- I attended the University of Virginia, and recently graduated this past December with a degree in Kinesiology. After I am done competing professionally I would love to become a teacher and share what I have learned with others.
- I am fortunate to have my dad, Bob Andrews, alongside most of my runs/workouts, he keeps me grounded and reminds of what is important in life (while still kicking my butt!).
Learn more about Robby at: Eat with the Pros | VIP Experience | Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2015 Competitors: Robby Andrews”
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler | Andrews Track
Pingback: Press Release: Sir Walter Miler returns in 2016 with expanded Pop Up Miles and the Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile Road Race - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Initial fields announced for 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler