Sam Prakel | Men’s Elite Mile
1500m PR: 3:36.84
Mile PR: 3:55.80
5 Things About Me: Sam Prakel
- I ran my first track meet in 3rd grade when I ran 6:01 for the mile on IU’s indoor track. Not sure if the flat track conversion applies to this.
- I’m the middle child with 4 sisters, and we all shared the same bathroom growing up.
- I can ride a unicycle and juggle at the same time.
- I worked on a dairy farm during the summer after my freshman year of college.
- I helped publish a biochemistry paper in a research journal my junior year of college detailing how proteins bind the hydrosulfide ion.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? Favorite podcast- Citius Mag Podcast
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Greek yogurt and peanut butter post run
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Swimming- I swam all four years of high school
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Whatever the light blue one is (Note: Maybe Glacial Freeze?)
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Not really, but I’m excited to visit again! I ran at New Balance Nationals in Greensboro twice and took a visit to Wake Forest.