Charlie Marquardt | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Bryn Mawr Running Co.
College: Haverford College
1500m PR: 3:39.53
Mile PR: 4:00.38
5 Things About Me: Charlie Marquardt
- My mom is an Emmy Award winning television writer, and she used to keep the Emmy statuette in my closet (It’s very heavy).
- I have an obsession with corgis (corgi t shirts, socks, stuffed animal, earrings, etc.) and whenever I see one on a run, I am sure to note it in my running log. My record is 4 corgis in one run.
- I have seen the movie “School of Rock” about 50 times, and can pretty much speak along with any scene in the movie.
- I went to the same High School as David Torrence, and I still have a pair of racing flats that he gave me when I was a sophomore.
- For as long as I can remember, I have never been able to even come close to touching my toes, I am probably one of the least flexible people you will ever meet.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? I don’t listen to any podcasts or Pandora stations, though I did enjoy S-Town.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Always gotta have a tall, cold glass of chocolate milk after any sort of hard effort.
- If you completed in another sport, what would it be? Baseball, definitely. Big LA Dodgers fan, big whiffle ball player too.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Riptide Rush, no doubt about it. If anyone answered anything else, they are wrong, Riptide Rush is the only answer to this question.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have some extended family in the greater Raleigh area, and my current roommate/training partner is actually moving to Durham in August!