Craig Engels | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Nike / Oregon Project
College: Ole Miss
1500m PR: 3:35.95
Mile PR: 3:53.93
5 Things About Me: Craig Engels
- Sir Walter was the first time I ever went under 4 minutes in the mile.
- My dream job is to be an actor one day… any type of movies, commercials or films.
- Cookout is by far my favorite fast food restaurant. The one in Raleigh used to give you a shirt for an extra $2 with the purchase of a $5 box… unreal.
- I’ve owned 12 vehicles since the age of 17. (7 cars, 4 boats, 1 RV)… only 2 of which are still running.
- If I could have one other sponsor aside from Nike it would be Budweiser without a doubt.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? Summer hits of the 90’s on Pandora. I have a good Spotify playlist that I bump most of the time though.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? I can never eat before runs or else my stomach turns into a sloshing bathtub, but I love a good solid Chipotle Burrito post run.
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Golf for sure. You can play till you’re a century old and you can be as unfit as you want.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Blue, don’t even try and argue for any other color.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Born and raised NC. Went to NC State for 2.5 years. Love this state.