Sean McGorty | Men’s Elite Mile
1500m PR: 3:36.61
Mile PR: 3:53.96
5 Things About Me: Sean McGorty
- All of my family members have competed in collegiate track & field at the D1 level. Both my parents competed at UNC, I ran at Stanford, my younger brother Ryan runs at William & Mary, and my youngest brother Brandon runs at Stanford.
- My family has gone to the Outer Banks for vacation every year of my life.
- I’ve eaten an entire family size pack of double stuf Oreo’s in one sitting.
- Both of my grandfathers were FBI agents.
- I love Dude Perfect and my cousins and I made our own trick shot video (Dude Cousin) at the beach a few years ago.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? My favorite podcast is The School of Greatness
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? My favorite pre-run snack is a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Soccer
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Lemon Lime
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Both of my parents ran track & field at UNC and my family typically vacations to the Outer Banks every summer.