Cristian Soratos | Men’s Elite Mile
College: Montana State
1500m PR: 3:36.73
Mile PR: 3:54.23
5 Things About Me: Cristian Soratos
- I currently run and train out of Bozeman, Montana, where I went to college at Montana State University, but I am originally from Central Coast, California, from a town called Salinas. Salas por vida! Yes I am Mexican, not Italian.
- It was never actually a goal of mine growing up to be a professional runner. I ran because I made friends on the team and enjoyed getting better at the sport. That progress eventually lead me to where I am today. God’s Plan.
- I’ve probably eaten at Qdoba 30-40 times this year so far. I’m obsessed with their spicy queso. It’s also better than Chipotle don’t @ me.
- In my spare time I like to make mixes and DJ, play basketball, and stream fortnite live on twitch at itch.tv/crisbuzztw You’ll really see how weird I am if you watch my stream.
- I’ve written 2 full rap songs but have never actually performed them in public for anyone. I get stage fright. Ironic huh?
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? 2000’s Hip Hop. Cause who doesn’t love yelling to the window to the wall.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Favorite pre run snack – fruit smileys or watermelon sour patch kids Post run snack – Beef Jerky
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Basketball. I’m a good actor, I got the flopping part down.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Glacier Freeze.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? This race.