Meet the 2018 Competitors: Hassan Mead
Hassan Mead | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter
Sponsor: Nike / Oregon Track Club
1500m PR: 3:37.65
Mile PR: 3:59.89
5000 PR: 13:02.80
5 Things About Me: Hassan Mead
- My favorite sport. is basketball, but my favorite athlete is Mohammed Ali.
- I was born in Somalia, and I can speak Somali fluently.
- I represented the United State in three different international championships.: Two World Championships (2015 Beijing, 2017 London) and the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
- I want to medal in 2020 Olympics Games in Tokyo, Japan.
- I also want Gold at the 2021 IAAF World Championship in the 10k at Hayward Field, and then retire.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? I have not got into podcasts too much to have a favorite, but I will soon. You can count on it.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Pre run – good cup of black tea with two spoonfuls of sugar and wheat toast with light butter. Post run – PB&J.. hands down.
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Oh, man this is loaded question because I love sports. The list can go on and on, but I’ll just give you my top 2: Basketball and Golf.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Grape then, Grape now and always.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? The only connection I have with the state of NC prior to this weekend is back in 2007 I came to Greensboro to compete at Nike Outdoor Nationals in the 2 mile. where I ran 8:51 behind Centro, Heath and Jager.
Learn more about Hassan at: VIS Experience | Rise & Run with the Pros | Sir Walter “Extra” Miler
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2018 Competitors: Hassan Mead”
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2018 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Lipsey breaks through; Lomong breaks records at the 2018 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler