Craig Engels | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
College: Ole Miss
Mile PR: 3:51.60
5 Things About Me: Craig Engels
- This is my third Sir Walter. It was the first place I broke 4 minutes in the mile. I had run 3:36 in the 1500, but had not broken 4 yet. This was the first time I had a host family (Derbyshire’s) and now I hate hotels because I had so much fun.
- I went to NC State in Raleigh for 2.5 years where I studied renewable energy. I lived with the famous Sam Parsons for the entire 2.5 years.
- When I left NC State and went to Ole Miss, I minored in theater. I now have big dreams of being an actor for movies and shows.
- In my spare time I buy used RVs on Craigslist, and renovate them for resale.
- I am currently working with a friend on creating a platform to sell merchandise. The process will be made sustainably with carbon neutral materials. People who would like to help design clothing will be able to sell merchandise on this platform so that they can be paid for their creativity.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Get off your couch and get outside.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Pegasus 38
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? You’ll find me at Cookout the night of the race.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? A lot.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… People were more creative.
Interview on the Summer of Miles podcast