Amanda Eccleston | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Hillsdale, Michigan
Mile PR: 4:25.64
5 Things About Me: Amanda Eccleston
- I This will be my fifth (!) time running Sir Walter. I’ve also ran in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- I have a cat named Pippin that we adopted as a kitten last summer. I’m not biased, but he may be the cutest cat in the world.
- I recently became the assistant women’s track and cross country coach at Central Michigan University and just moved to Mt Pleasant, MI.
- I race a lot. I’ve run 68 mile races and 83 1500s throughout my college and professional careers.
- One of my favorite parts of traveling to races all over is trying different local coffee shops and cafes. Send me your Raleigh recommendations!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? New Girl. And if you’re into period pieces, Call the Midwife is wonderful.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? I love the Brooks Ghost. I’ve been training in it for over a decade. The perfect cushion and comfort!
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? I don’t really like fast food, but does ice cream count? I’m always down for something with chocolate, cookie dough, and Reese’s in it.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I’ve been to Raleigh many times for this race, and I spent one summer living on the Outer Banks with my aunt and uncle.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… the athletes’ stories were better known. People become invested when they have someone to root for.