Geordie Beamish | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: On Athletics Club
College: Northern Arizona
Mile PR: 3:56.90
5 Things About Me: Geordie Beamish
- I am from New Zealand but live with two Australians, Olli Hoare and Morgan McDonald, both are in Tokyo right now. Fact: Marmite is better than vegemite.
- I have read the entire Harry Potter series in 11 days. Twice.
- I haven’t paid for a haircut since high school. Don’t intend to start.
- My family runs a sheep farm in New Zealand. The New Zealand stereotype fits surprisingly well here.
- Favorite sport is snow skiing. Have been lucky enough to ski with my family in NZ, Italy, Austria and Japan.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Ted Lasso right now or The Grand Tour is my go to
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? On Cloud Stratus (the new ones, they are about to release)
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Mexican
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I am friends with Elly Henes! A local legend.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… Drinking beers at track meets was the norm. I feel like we’d get more fans if people just came out to track meets for a couple of beers, socialize and hang out even if they’re not huge track fans. I.e everyone drinks beers at football/baseball etc.