Brook Handler | Women’s Elite Mile
Brook Handler as the Team Captain at the University of Michagan and multiple time first team All-American. She also was the “surprise winner of B.A.A. Invitational Mile” this year. She’ll look to tackle the 4:30 barrier next Friday.
5 Things About Me: Brook Handler
- I was born in Rochester, New York and coincidentally moved to Rochester, Michigan when I was 5.
- My favorite weekend every summer is Great Lakes Relay, a 3 day, 10 person, 300 mile relay I’ve participated in since 2008.
- Because of having the relay, high school and college camp in Northern Michigan, I asked my friend as we drove to Lake Tahoe this summer “but is it as beautiful as Up North??” (Ha, little did I know…)
- I love under-cooked baked goods and making multiple layer birthday cakes for my friends.
- I’ve wanted to go to Machu Pichu since I was 9, then because I wanted to see the llamas.
North Carolina connection?
My only connection to North Carolina is that my best friend lived in Raleigh the past year and I hope to meet some of his friends!