Chris Derrick | Men’s Elite Mile
Chris Derrick has always been more of a 5k, 10k, Cross Country-kind of guy, but that didn’t prevent him from running under four minutes back in 2012. He’ll look to improve on his 3:59.13 PR next Friday, but first will race the 4-mile road race at the TrackTown Summer Series, tonight on ESPN!
5 Things About Me: Chris Derrick
- I once broke my nose in the library.
- I ran my first mile time trial on a track at the beginning of cross country season my freshman year of high school. I ran 6:03.
- At one point in college, I knew all of the countries and capitals of the world. This fact was better when it was current.
- My old baseball coaches used to call me “Wheels,” which was short for “18-wheeler,” because I was so slow getting out of the batters box.
- I would like to someday announce track races, but only if I can do it in my fake British accent.
North Carolina connection?
This will be my first time visiting North Carolina, but my brother (Mark) runs for UNC and my teammate, Ryan Hill, went to NC State, so I’ve heard a lot of good things, and am really excited to visit!