Cory Leslie | Men’s Elite Mile
Cory Leslie will join us again from Furman Elite (with teammate, Craig Forys). He recently owned the North Carolina State Indoor Mile Record, and now will take aim at Ken Popejoy’s 3:57.3 Outdoor Record.
5 Things About Me: Cory Leslie
- My only superstition, when it comes to racing, is I eat a king size Snickers bar the night before every race (side note: Snickers bars in Europe are so much better than those in the states).
- Like Colby (Alexander), I was named after a Cleveland Indian. My parents named me after Cory Snyder, whom, based on stats was much better than Colby Ward.
- I once rode every roller coaster at Cedar Point (The Roller Coaster Capitol of the World) in 80 mintues.
- I didn’t start watching Game of Thrones until this year. I’m finally all caught up, but I almost quit when they killed my dude Joffery.
- I never drank coffee in college. I still only drink it on race day (except when training partner and coffee connoisseur, Jeff See, makes me the occasional latte). My go-to is a medium cup, with a shot of espresso. There’s nothing like showing up to meet with your heart already coming through your chest.
North Carolina connection?
Furman Elite is based in Greenville, SC. Every Sunday we mike the drive across the border into North Carolina for our long runs at Lake Tuxedo.