Cory McGee | Women’s Elite Mile
Cory McGee burst on the national scene in 2013 in qualifying for the US World Championship team in the 1500 meters. She was recently followed by FloTrack on a workout before running a 4:07.34 1500 meters in Belgium, and a 4:28.55 personal best mile at the Morton Games in Dublin, Ireland. McGee is sponsored by New Balance in Boston, Massachusetts.
5 Things About Me: Cory McGee
- My first ever track race was in Cairo, Egypt, where I faced girls from all over the Mediterranean region.
- I have three sisters who ran track as well, and we combine for over 50 Mississippi state titles.
- I love cooking southern food for friends, especially since moving to Boston. Specialities include shrimp and grits, and gumbo.
- If given a choice, I would pick 100 degrees and humid over a snow day. No question.
- I bleed orange and blue. Go Gators.
North Carolina Connection?
My closest connection to North Carolina is my family friends in Highlands. I have spent time in that beautiful town during my offseason. I have visited the state many times!