Lauren Johnson | Women’s Elite Mile
Lauren Johnson has quite the story; going from 2:20 in the 800 in high school to the World Team in the 1500 in 2015. She won the Bend Mile last week, and will join us next Friday!
- I grew up showing horses competitively and it is the only sport in which I have won a national championship.
- I started playing basketball when I was 4 years old and played all the way through college. I did not identify as a runner until after college.
- I like to listen to soundtracks/musicals/Disney music because the music tells a story
- I run a lot with my 2 dogs. They even have their own Instagram account, @ravenandluna
- My great-great-grandpa founded Weaver Popcorn.
North Carolina connection?
My first college track race was in North Carolina.