Avery Martin | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
1500m PR: 3:45.40
Mile PR: 4:05.54
5 Things About Me: Avery Martin
- I have a strange addiction to the following: -Tiny books -Slim pants: Not too tight, not too loose; the ones that hit the ankle just right with one cuff -10 oz coffee mugs without handles -Amish people.
- I met my wife Caroline on Tinder, but it’s not like that. 🙂
- Most stolen bases on my 11 & under travel baseball team.
- I was punched by my VMI class ring at a diner, in Lynchburg, at Midnight.
- My wife and I will “crash” Liberty University during the school year. We’ll bring our backpacks and laptops into the library and pretend we have important assignments coming up.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Jake Gyllenhaal
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Saltwater Fishing Guide in Edisto, NC
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Black Coffee
- What was your AIM screenname? Aves4
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Black Grease” by The Black Angels … It’s the ultimate push up song.