Heather Kampf | Women’s Elite Mile
Club / Sponsor: Team USA MN / Asics
1500m PR: 4:04.46
Mile PR: 4:27.23
5 Things About Me: Heather Kampf
- I have two pups- Ellie (3.5 year old squirrel-hunting, cuddle-machine Shepherd mix), and Dewey (2.5 year old high-energy fluff-munchkin Pomeranian).
- Thanks to my husband Ben’s odd habits, I’m only allowed to set my alarm to wake up on odd numbers and not 5’s…(So rather than waking up at 6:15, or 7:30 or something normal like that, I’d have to choose 6:17, or 7:29).
- I dealt with my first significant running injury (sacral stress fracture) this spring- but up until that point, I had never missed or backed out of a race due to injury or illness in my entire career. Happy that Sir Walter Miler will be my first outdoor track mile of 2017!
- My first sport love was gymnastics, so I can still hold a handstand for what I would call an impressively long time.
- Rather than baking brownies, I oftentimes prep the mix and freeze it- then it’s like the thickest, richest chocolate ice cream one could every dream of.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Taylor Schilling (I’ve had lots of people tell me I look like ‘Piper’ from Orange is the New Black…not sure if I should be happy about looking like an inmate? 😉
- What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was really little, my greatest aspiration was to be a checkout person at the grocery store, it looked so fun to me!
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Nuun
- What was your AIM screenname? Swee7Ca7astr0phy (referring to a line of a song I liked from Something Corporate, Hurricane- lol!)
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? I’m not actually this badass in real life, but Swish Swish (Katy Perry) would make a good walk-up song.