Benjamin Allen | Men’s Elite Mile
Club: Empire Elite
College: Concordia St. Paul
Mile PR: 4:00.04
5 Things About Me: Benjamin Allen
- I am originally from North St. Paul, Minnesota, but just recently moved out to New York to join Empire Elite TC.
- I am finishing up my Master’s Degree in Coaching and Athletic Administration.
- In high school, I started out as a sprinter. I always thought the distance kids were crazy because they ran so much. It was until my senior year, my coach convinced me to join cross country and run further than 400 meters.
- I am a high school and middle school XC/track and field coach, and I also sell shoes at a New Balance store.
- Early on in my running career, I was always inspired by Usain Bolt.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming or podcast queue? Tough question! I would say my all-time favorite Netflix show is Breaking Bad and the show Ozarks is a close second! I am also a big fan of the coffeeclubpod
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Basketball
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Bananas or toast
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? This will be my first time in Raleigh/NC!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… that more people are becoming fans of the sport. I thought it was really cool that Robert Griffin III did some commentating at this year’s NCAA Championships. It was also cool to see that Travis Scott attended the World Championships this year. #goodforthesport