Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Rorey Hunter
Rorey Hunter | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Facebook
Mile PR: 3:57.39
5 Things About Me: Rorey Hunter
- I live and train in Australia’s capital, Canberra & I’m coached by Dick Telford.
- Aside from running, I work part time as a physiotherapist and my coffee order is a flat white with half a sugar.
- I went to college in the US at Indiana University between 2012-2016. Go Hoosiers.
- My first sub 4 mile was at a similar US ‘miler meet’ at the St Louis Festival of Miles.
- Earlier this year, I had to fend off an adolescent Kangaroo coming at me during a workout on our local cross country course.. wild times.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming or podcast queue? Ozark, Hannibal. Podcast – Dr Karl or David Grey Rehab (for physio nerds)
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Formula 1 or the Australian Open
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Peanut Butter, Honey, Banana on toast with an English breakfast tea.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Unfortunately not, although I have a good mate from college who is from there.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… the easing of covid restrictions… and adidas supershoe upgrades
Learn more about Rorey at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros