Christian Brewer | Men’s Elite Mile | Pop Up Miles Champ
Christian Brewer made it to the 2015 Sir Walter Miler the hard way. He drove all the way from Johnson City, Tennessee to Raleigh to qualify for the Pop Up Miles final; and then he came back the next week and won the coveted final spot in the Men’s Elite race. He look to improve upon his 1500 meter personal best of 3:46.07 against a talented field.
Coach: Chris Layne
Club: FreeRiders JC
5 Things About Me: Christian Brewer
- I attended 3 colleges in 5 years, and played soccer at one of them during a 15 month hiatus from running.
- I have a special place in my heart for North Carolina. I was born in Greenville and still have lots of family in Winston Salem. My first ever track race was at nearby Elon University back in 2009. My HS cross country PR also comes from nearby Wake Med park. I worked summer camp in Asheville. My grandma, who lives in Winston, recently picked up running and finished her first marathon at age 75! My uncle competed at Wake Forest.
- I spent the first 12 years of my life in Zimbabwe, Africa. If I wasn’t in school, I was playing soccer barefoot in my yard, or on the Cricket pitch tearing it up!
- I also grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee. Go Vols!
- I’m thankful for two awesome younger sisters and two amazing parents who show me the love and grace of Jesus everyday!