Morgan Uceny | Women’s Elite Mile | 2012 Olympian
Morgan Uceny brings a very accomplished resume to the starting line of the 2015 Sir Walter Miler. She was the 2011 Diamond League Champion in the 1500 meters, the 2012 US Olympic Trials Champion at the same event, qualifying her for the London Olympics (where she was a finalist). She’s won multiple United States Championships at that distance and brings a personal best of 4:29.89 in the mile.
Coach: Terence Mahan
5 Things About Me: Morgan Uceny
- Graduated from Cornell University in 2007
- Wanted to be a professional basketball player growing up… but ended up a professional runner instead. Not complaining.
- Was a 10 year 4-H member, where I had pygmy goats and steers/heifers that I showed at my local county fair.
- I love to cook and follow a mostly paleo lifestyle.
- The Foo Fighters are my favorite band and I’m going to see them live at the end of August!