David Ribich | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Brooks / Brooks Beasts
College: Western Oregon
Mile PR: 3:58.09
5 Things About Me: David Ribich
- I was a 4:10 1500m runner in High School and attended a NCAA Division II University, Western Oregon University.
- I wrote and published a book documenting the day to day life during my senior year of college: content includes insight into making my first USA Final, setting three NCAA Div II records and signing a professional contract. Published on Amazon “Small School Big Dreams”
- I am the best pancake flipper in the entire track and field world, maybe even the entire athletic world, feel free to @ me or challenge me on the spot with a pan and a pancake.
- My hair has gone through a lot in the last three years: Short hair, mohawk, long hair, bleached hair, man bun, fade, shaved and now perm. What’s next?
- I was the lead leg in January when the Brooks Beasts set the Indoor 4xMile World Record! Ribich, Wynne, Kidder, Yorks
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Oh’s
- What makes a good running partner? If you want to talk, i’ll talk. If you got to stop and pee, I’ll stop and pee. If you want to climb trails lets do it! And if you want to tempo, lets rip!
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? If a cooler waited for me at the end of a run and it had an iced coffee, La Croix and a Coca Cola, I’d probably drink all three too fast and get a stomach ache.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have been in Craig’s trailer, and I know he’s from NC, so I guess so. (Won my final NCAA Division II title in North Carolina)
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… I’d probably be sad and alone.