Meet the 2019 Competitors: Karisa Nelson
Karisa Nelson | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram
Sponsor: Brooks / Brooks Beasts
Mile PR: 4:31.24
5 Things About Me: Karisa Nelson
- When I was in middle school I’d beg my mom to quit running. She’d say okay tell coach and I would chicken out. I’d also cry telling her I didn’t want running to be my life. Look at me now!
- I have a pet tortoise name Squirt. She’s really great. I used to have another one named Sprite but she ran away.
- I can play the trumpet. I got a solo in the Christmas concert freshman year. If running starts going bad you may see me playing in the streets of Seattle.
- I sharpie my rims all the time. They are black and I always hit curbs so they get scratched up. It’s too expensive to fix and sharpies work pretty well! Just don’t look too close.
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos are the best thing in the world. I’ll sit down with a family size bag of puffs and eat it all in one sitting. It doesn’t end well but is totally worth it.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Bear naked cacoa and cashew butter! It’s actually granola but I eat it like cereal.
- What makes a good running partner? I’m always down to talk or not talk. Either way I’m pretty happy!
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Ice cold Body Armor!! No, they don’t sponsor me, but I would like that.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? No, I think I’ve only been once or twice for races.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… I would hopefully be in med school living my other dream!
Learn more about Karisa at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
2 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Karisa Nelson”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Women’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler