Meet the 2019 Competitors: Elise Cranny
Elise Cranny | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Facebook | Instagram
Sponsor: Nike Bowerman TC
Mile PR: 4:31.29
5 Things About Me: Elise Cranny
- I have been surrounded by the world of endurance sports since a young age. My two younger sisters and I grew up watching our parents compete in Ironman Triathlons in Utah, Arizona, Idaho, and the World Championships in Hawaii.
- I love country music, dancing, and listening intently to the lyrics of songs. The songs that tell that best stories are my favorite!
- I really enjoy baking (especially coconut cake, cranberry bread, and anything with chocolate and peanut butter) and hope to open a bakery with my two sisters one day.
- I absolutely love getting to know people! Making friends with complete strangers sitting on planes next to me is my jam. I always have lots of questions up my sleeve and find so much joy in listening to people share their life stories.
- I majored in Human Biology and am interested in all things related to psychology, mental health, human development, global health and exercise physiology.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Fruity Pebbles
- What makes a good running partner? Anyone who enjoys answering all my deep life questions that I like to fire away on runs.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Chocolate Milk!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Nope, but I have watched this race for the past several years and am beyond excited to be a part of it this year!
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… I would be competing in triathlons and working as a medical assistant in a hospital to get experience for physician assistant school or medical school. Or I might also be traveling around the world – seeing new places and meeting new people.
Learn more about Elise at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
2 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Elise Cranny”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Women’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler