Meet the 2019 Competitors: Eric Avila
Eric Avila | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter
Sponsor: adidas / The Mission AC
College: Southern Oregon
Mile PR: 3:55.43
5 Things About Me: Eric Avila
- I have one sibling, a brother named Nate. Nate teaches 1st grade in my hometown.
- My Mother is originally from England, my Father is from Texas. They met at a country dance bar in San Diego. My Father was that nights dance instructor.
- I remember watching Sandy Roberts run Foot Locker Nationals in 2005 while in High School. I wore full body paint and all to cheer on the West runners at Balboa Park.
- I’m a history & geography nerd. I can name every country, identify their flag and time period of establishment.
- I have an Android phone. I’m regularly left out of group chats because my phone disrupts the flow of messages. Or that’s what I’m told!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Frosted mini wheats. With Bananas.
- What makes a good running partner? Someone who doesn’t mind if I’m late, and has an arsenal of snarky jokes up their sleeve.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? If coach is around, Seltzer. If not, St. Archer Mexican Lager.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I’ve raced a handful of NC State graduates. The hype around this state and the Sir Walter event is real. Also I love Cold Mountain.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… In a hammock on the beach, reading some history book.
Learn more about Eric at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Eric Avila”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Men’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Cory McGee, Chris O'Hare sprint to wins at the 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler