Heather Kampf | Women’s Elite Mile
Club: Team USA MN
Mile PR: 4:27.23
5 Things About Me: Heather Kampf
- I met my husband Ben at a high school track meet, (as he likes to say, “I wowed her in the mile” because he won and I was volunteering as a timer so I got a front row seat to his victory). We went on a date the very next day, stuck together through college, and will be celebrating our 9th blissful year of marriage this fall.
- I’m a proud dog mom to two fur babies, Ellie (shepherd mix) and Dewey (Pomeranian), they’re a big and a little but they get along great and I’m ALWAYS happy to share a picture of them if you’d like to see for yourself how adorable they are.
- Don’t hate me, but I’m one of those rare runners who doesn’t like coffee.
- I jumped out of a plane last summer (skydiving) and would love to do it again sometime.
- I coach high school girl’s cross country at Apple Valley High School, and love sharing my joy of running with the next generation of strong female athletes. This fall will be my 3rd season as head coach and 9th with the program!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? I rarely eat cereal nowadays but sometimes I crave Lucky Charms for dessert.
- What makes a good running partner? Someone who can run your pace and still tell fun stories and hold down a good conversation.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Nuun! Lately I’m all about ice cold Orange flavored Nuun.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Not exactly, but now that I’ve raced in Raleigh and Winston Salem and gotten to stay with awesome host families in both places I feel like I’ve got family in NC!
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… trying out for American Ninja Warrior.