Meet the 2019 Competitors: Therese Haiss
Therese Haiss | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram
Club: The Mission AC (YouTube)
Mile PR: 4:34.54
5 Things About Me: Therese Haiss
- I have two siblings, an older brother and a younger sister, who are also my best friends.
- I am wildly adventurous, which can sometimes get me into trouble. My freshman year of college I was caught climbing a construction crane and had to go through a diversion program to remove it from my “criminal record”.
- I fell in love with my best friend, after 3 years of knowing her. We’ve been dating for over 3.5 years now.
- I am originally from Northeast Ohio, and there is no place in the world I would rather call home.
- Apples are my favorite food, so much so that I eat the whole thing (even the core, seeds and stem)!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats
- What makes a good running partner? Someone who is encouraging and uplifting, but not over the top.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? A combination of cold sparkling water and cold sparkling juice.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My cousin Estlin graduated from Duke and still lives in Durham, NC and my Uncle, Aunt and cousin Alex all live outside of Ashland, NC.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be attempting soccer at the professional level. When I started running I was also an avid soccer player. Running opened more doors for me, but I believe my competitive nature would have lifted me to the most competitive stage of any sport.
Learn more about Therese at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Therese Haiss”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Women’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Cory McGee, Chris O'Hare sprint to wins at the 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler