Meet the 2021 Competitors: Abbey Cooper
Abbey Cooper | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | runningwithheart.org
Sponsor: New Balance
Mile PR: 4:28.31
5 Things About Me: Abbey Cooper
- I’m the oldest of three sisters and an aunt to 6 sweet nieces and nephews.
- My favorite place I’ve visited in the world is the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio.
- I grew up swimming competitively and dreaming to become an Olympic swimmer… until I tried running :)
- I love the arts. A good book, poem, or film does my heart good.
- My husband and I aren’t big fans of traditional Valentine’s Day gifts. So instead, we exchange different rare fruits (no repeats, & if we ever buy each other the same fruit, we’ve agreed to go on a special trip together)
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? “Dream Big” Podcast with Bob Goff and friends, Pursuit of Gold Podcast with Laura Wilkinson
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? New Balance 880s!
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? CHICK-FIL-A!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? When I was in college, we went on our spring break training trips to Raleigh! Ran almost every day at Umstead. Such good memories :)
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… More investment into an annual competition other than the Olympic Games (or even World Champs). Obviously money is an issue. Maybe can start with efforts to get US Champs better media coverage? We need an annual “Super Bowl” to draw the public eye into further understanding and interest in the sport.
Learn more about Abbey at: VIS Experience | Eat with the Pros | Run with the Pros
2 thoughts on “Meet the 2021 Competitors: Abbey Cooper”
Pingback: 2021 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2021 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler