Meet the 2021 Competitors: Elly Henes
Elly Henes | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
College: NC State
Mile PR: 4:38.75
5 Things About Me: Elly Henes
- I’ve lived in Raleigh, NC my whole life. I ran in college for NC State and so did my Mother and Father.
- My mom coached me in college, whatever you imagine that looking like is exactly how it was.
- My pre race “ritual” involves having a king sized KitKat the night before I race.
- I failed a drug test my freshman year due to eating too many poppy seeds, hence the tattoo on my arm.
- I faked a British accent for all of 3rd grade in an attempt to convince everyone I was Hermione Granger.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Manifest: if you’re looking for an addicting show recently added to Netflix.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Solarglide ST’s : a good stability shoe that’s helped keep me healthy for like 3 years.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? My go to is Chick-fil-A, but Burger King will always have my heart. Mainly for nostalgic reasons.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have pretty much every connection to the Raleigh area.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… Having more coverage / creating more platforms for athletes and fans to connect.
Interview on the Summer of Miles podcast
Learn more about Elly at: VIS Experience | Eat with the Pros | Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2021 Competitors: Elly Henes”
Pingback: 2021 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2021 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
It’s so messed up how poppy seeds count in a drug test! so many people get falsely accused, even my own mom, for having a poppy seed muffin. something needs to change