Meet the 2021 Competitors: Sam Prakel
Sam Prakel | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Mile PR: 3:50.94
5 Things About Me: Sam Prakel
- I’m the 5th generation Prakel to graduate from Versailles High School in Versailles, OH.
- I’m the 1st generation Prakel to graduate from the University of Oregon in Eugene, OR.
- I live in Seattle, WA and volunteer coach at the University of Washington.
- I have 4 sisters, but am a proud uncle of 4 nephews #UncleSam
- I consume approximately 240 oz of Adam’s Peanut Butter a year (measured by the Costco sized container)
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Formula 1: Drive to Survive. I’m not a loyal follower of F1, but I like the personalities and racing aspect of the show. Maybe a similar series for T&F could be made?
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? The adidas Solarboost 19. I’ve put more miles on this shoe the past 2 years than any other shoe ever before.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Wendy’s. I’m a proud Wendy’s High School Heisman winner and love a baconator, fries, and frosty after a race.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Just being a 2x Sir Walter alum
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… there were betting odds for every race.
Learn more about Sam at: VIS Experience | Eat with the Pros | Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2021 Competitors: Sam Prakel”
Pingback: 2021 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Meet the 2021 Competitors: Alli Cash - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2021 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler