Amy-Eloise Markovc | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: Reebok Boston TC
Mile PR: 4:33.25
5 Things About Me: Amy-Eloise Markovc
- I was born in England and raised in the PNW — I’ve always felt like I’ve had multiple “homes!” Basically born and bred in the rain.
- My accent changes when I’m in England for a while or around family/on the phone with family; it’s weird but it has just happened ever since I was little. I’ve done some VERY varying interviews…resulting in both hilarity and confusion!
- I’ve never really tried any other sports than running.
- I love cooking, baking bread, and growing my own veg in the garden.
- My favorite food is cheesecake and my least favorite food is raisins.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? The Female Athlete Podcast, or Hidden Brain, are my go to podcasts for my easy runs.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? I love running in the Reebok Floatride Energy 3’s, which is my primary trainer at the moment.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Probably Chipotle, if that counts? I’m not big on fast food (minus the soft serve cones of course)!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I don’t have any personal connections, but I did race in NC back in the day.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… coverage was better so people could get more invested in the athletes (especially field events)! Also getting fans on the track for distance events (think Night of the 10k PB vibes) — it keeps the energy high for both athletes and fans.